Volunteering is a great way to become a vital part of the Lindisfarne Festival community. If you are interested in working in events, meeting some new people or want to enjoy the festival for FREE, volunteering is a brilliant way to do all of these. Each year this immersive world of ours continues to grow and evolve and for 2019 we are looking for even more volunteers to make it all possible.
INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR LINDISFARNE FESTIVAL 2019 VOLUNTEER SQUAD?
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Free entry to the festival with a volunteer wristband.
- One meal voucher per shift.
- Camping space within a dedicated volunteer campsite, situated a short walk from the car park.
- Free car parking onsite.
- A free festival programme and onsite briefing.
- Access to our volunteer welfare facility in the festival area, providing a place to chill out, grab a free cup of tea/ coffee, hang out and meet other volunteers, as well as free phone charging!
- Support from our head steward and production team, available from your arrival on site until the last volunteer shift is completed on the Sunday after the festival.
- Time off to enjoy the festival and explore the local area.
- The chance to make great friends and gain experience in one of the greatest festival environments on the planet.
WHAT WE ASK FROM YOU:
- To be 18 or over on 28th August 2019
- To be available from Thursday 29th August until Monday 2nd September (unless you are pre festival build crew when we need you on site from the Tuesday 26th August).
- To complete 3 x 6 hour volunteering shifts. (All roles are allocated on a first come first served basis).
- To abide by our volunteer code of conduct, and agree to our festival wide terms and conditions.
- Act in a friendly manner, be helpful and polite when dealing with the public.
- Act and behave with maturity, honesty and be reliable.
- Be in good health and able to carry out your duties (this means not turning up intoxicated or you will forfeit your deposit and may be asked to leave the festival).
We ask that you are able to arrive no later than 12 noon on the Thursday of the Festival in time for your briefings but we will hold other sessions for those that arrive later. Your 3 x 6 hour shifts will run between 2pm on the Thursday through until 5pm on the Sunday. If you're arriving on site later than this we will attempt to put you in shifts from the day you arrive but you maybe asked to help with the clean up and traffic on Sunday as festival goers leave.
If you are on the build team you must be available from Tuesday before, through to the Tuesday after the Festival. You will find out your shift times when you arrive on site and you are likely not to be allocated shift during the festival.
If you have never volunteered with us before, you will need to pay a £25 deposit to secure your volunteer place. This will be refunded to you (minus a £5 admin fee) a few weeks after the festival, provided all your shifts have been completed.
You will need to travel to and from the festival at your own expense. On our Facebook pages we will be helping you to set up car sharing and travel buddies to and from the site.
You will also need to bring any camping equipment, personal items, food, alcohol and other supplies you might need. During the festival opening times we do have a small shop and food vendors on site but it is wise to bring supplies and snacks to keep you going especially if your arriving on site early.
If you have any questions about volunteering with us before we get on site please feel free to email us email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
We will have a mobile phone number that you can call if you have any questions when on site, and the number will be given to you in your volunteer briefing pack.