Lindisfarne Festival intends to be a safe, peaceful and enjoyable event. Crime of any description will not be tolerated. Security staff and stewards will be patrolling the site for crime prevention purposes.
You can help yourself by following the advice below - always better safe than sorry!
- Stay within the designated festival areas. Do NOT wander off onto adjacent land.
- Stay off the causeway!!! It is very dangerous!!
- Report anyone you think is acting suspiciously or aggressively to stewards.
- Arrange a meeting point with your friends if you get split up from each other, so you know where to head to.
- We know you want to have a drink or two, but do consider that drinking to excess can leave you vulnerable. Please look after yourselves and look out for each other.
- If you want to go over to Holy Island, please do not walk and make sure you check the tide times first. Holy Island is a tidal island and if you do not pay attention to the safe crossing times you will find yourself in a life threatening situation. Please be sensible and don't take unnecessary risks.
- Lock and empty your vehicles. Leave the glove compartment open and conspicuously empty.
- Look after your belongings – make sure you keep your mobile, iPod and wallet/ purse safe and out of sight. Do not leave valuable items on display in your car or tent.
- If you have a Smartphone, activate the ‘find my phone’ app or similar. Make sure you keep a note of any usernames or passwords.
- Set up camp with friends, and make friends with your neighbours. Look out for each other’s property.
- Mark your property: clearly label your gear (including your tent) with your postcode. Obvious indelible markings will significantly reduce the risk of things being stolen and will increase the chance of their return if found. Tag your keys with a phone number and a friend’s address.
- Take any valuables – including prescription medication – with you when you leave your tent.
- Don’t keep all your cash and valuables in the same place: spread them around in different pockets.