LINDISFARNE FESTIVAL 2018 VEHICLE TERMS & CONDITIONS
We (the event organiser - Farne Enterprises; the ticketing management provider - Nevermind Event Services; the land owner)
Event (Lindisfarne Festival 2018)
As part of our terms and conditions we do not permit makeshift campervans/caravans on site at our event. Many won’t have sufficient ventilation, water or door separation, and the risk from the gas and fire is an obvious one.
Lindisfarne Festival and Department for Transport definition of campervans/caravans -
1. There must be a door that provides access to the living accommodation.
2. A bed, which is an integral part of the living quarters which has a minimum length of 1800mm or 6 feet. This can be converted at night from seats used for other purposes during the day but must be permanently fixed within the body of the vehicle.
3. There must be a water storage tank or container on or in the vehicle.
4. A seating and dining area, permanently attached to the vehicle. The table may be detachable but must have some permanent means of attachment to the vehicle. It's not good enough to have a loose table.
5. There must be a permanently fixed means of storage, a cupboard, locker or wardrobe.
6. There must be a permanently fixed cooking facility within the vehicle powered by gas or electricity.
7. There must be at least one window on the side of the accommodation
Access and use of the campervan/parking area is provided subject to the following Lindisfarne Festival Terms and Conditions (T&C’s). Purchasing a vehicle pass constitutes your acceptance of these T&C’s.
These vehicle T&C’s are in addition to the main event T&C’s.
We accept no responsibility for any vehicles (including cars, motorbikes, vans, motorhomes, campervans, caravans). YOU PARK AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Every occupant of the vehicle requires a valid festival pass. Festival tickets should be purchased first before booking vehicle passes.
The vehicle pass is a supplementary pass only, sold per vehicle, which needs to be clearly displayed in the windscreen of your car/campervan/motorhome/caravan on arrival at the site.
We reserve the right to locate campervans, motorhomes and caravans in a location of our choosing on site.
Please ensure you read these carefully and abide by the following:
- - Strictly no caravans larger than 5 metres (length)
- - Trailer tents are permitted.
- - There will be limited space for ONE tent OR an awning to be erected per campervan/caravan.
- - There is NO water or electricity hook available. There will be a water point and toilets near your location.
- - All waste-water must be put in the containers provided. It is illegal to pour waste-water onto the ground, into a sump or into a stream. This will be monitored by the Environment Agency.
- - Campervan/Caravan ticket holders must use the toilets provided in the campsite and not pollute streams or hedges.
- - Please respect The Country Code at all times.
CARS AND ARRIVAL
- - Vehicles will only be permitted entry to the site within the specified times on your ticket/vehicle pass. Entry will be refused outside of these hours.
- - Do not plan to arrive earlier than the stated arrival times. Queuing vehicles block the road and will cause major problems for Holy Island residents & visitors who need to access the causeway during low tide. Be considerate!
- - Vehicle passes must be shown to parking attendants on arrival. Your ticket barcode will be scanned and you will be given a printed pass which must be displayed on your vehicle dashboard AT ALL TIMES while on site.
- - Towing vehicles must remain with the caravans, not parked elsewhere.
- - All vehicles other than towing vehicles must be parked in the allocated car park areas
- - No other vehicles will be allowed entry into this campervan and caravan zone; this includes late replacement vehicles in the case of a breakdown vehicles cannot be towed onto the field.
- - We do not accept campervans/caravans which have been driven down or sited by non-festivalgoers. This includes staff from hire companies, so please ensure you liaise with them to collect the vehicle off site first.
- - No vehicles are to be parked in the fire lanes at any time.
- - The designated campervan/caravan area of the site is the only place where ticket holders can sleep in vehicles.
- - We do not permit sleeping in cars and security will ask you to leave the car park.
- - We do not permit the use of any cylinder stored outside a gas locker over 7kg.
- - Cylinders should be stored in the unit’s gas locker.
- - Gas cylinders must always be transported and secured in a vertical position, as lying them down may cause liquid LPG to escape through the valve and become a large volume of combustible gas
- - Generators and gas cylinders over 7kg in gas weight ARE NOT PERMITTED in this field or anywhere else onsite and will be confiscated.
- - Open fires are NOT permitted. Barbecues can be used in campervan and caravan zone but must be 5 metres from any vehicle.
- - The fields must be clear by 3PM on the Sunday. All remaining vehicles will be removed.
- - Whilst we will do everything within reason to make sure the site suitable for vehicles use, we cannot guarantee the condition of the land.
- - If any additional vehicles or help is needed to move your vehicles off the festival land there may be a charge. The vehicle owner / driver is liable for any charges.
- - Your vehicle may be searched on entry to the event site.
- - Anyone resisting confiscation of disallowed items or disregarding the conditions set out in the Tickets Terms and Conditions and additionally these Vehicle T&C's will face eviction from the site.
- - No trading of any kind is permitted from campervans/caravans.
- - No sound systems are to be operated in the campervan/caravan fields. Anyone found operating such systems may be liable to eviction.
- - Excessive amounts of alcohol, food and cigarettes i.e. more than for personal consumption is not permitted.
- - The security staff will check for any items not permitted on site, as specified in the main event Terms & Conditions. Security staff will confiscate any such items and may refuse entry to the site. The discretion and decision of the security team will be final.